Make Your Educational Dreams Come True.
At Indiana University–Purdue University Fort Wayne (IPFW) in Fort Wayne, Indiana
Study in top-ranked engineering and business programs. Experience the combined campus of two world-class universities. Earn a prestigious degree at an affordable price.
As an admitted IPFW student, you will earn your degree from distinguished Indiana University or Purdue University, depending on your major and degree program, all while enjoying the supportive environment of a smaller campus.
IPFW Merit Scholarship
UNDERGRADUATE STUDENTS: Requirements
- 87 TOEFL, 7.0 IELTS
- Minimum 3.0 high school GPA
- Pays $7,500 of tuition costs per year up to four years
- Transfer students need to have completed at least 30 semester credits with a 3.0 cumulative GPA and completion of college level math and English
GRADUATE STUDENTS: Requirements
- 87 TOEFL, 7.0 IELTS
- Minimum 3.7 undergraduate GPA in the major
- Pays the non-resident portion of tuition, estimated at approximately $7,682 per year (based on 2016-2017 tuition rates)
*Please note: Scholarship information is valid for the 2017 – 2018 Academic Year only and is subject to change.
Top reasons to study at IPFW:
- Highly Ranked
- Work Experience Opportunities
- Personal Attention
Welcome to IPFW.
About IPFW and Fort Wayne
Established in 1964, Indiana University–Purdue University Fort Wayne is a combined campus of two outstanding universities—Indiana University and Purdue University—located in the friendly city of Fort Wayne, Indiana. The university is home to a diverse population of more than 8,300 degree-seeking students and 354 full-time faculty members. The combined campus gives you access to the finest features and resources, as well as many prestigious degree and certificate options, from both universities.
Known as the “City of the Three Rivers,” Fort Wayne is rich in natural beauty, lively festivals, and friendly residents. Fort Wayne, known for its culture and cosmopolitan atmosphere, is Indiana’s second-largest city and is also convenient to Chicago, Detroit, and Indianapolis.
Rankings, Accreditations and Student Support
- U.S. News & World Report: among “Regional Universities of the Midwest” – 2015
- U.S. News & World Report: among “Best Undergraduate Business Programs” – 2015
- U.S. News & World Report: among “Best Undergraduate Engineering Programs” – 2015
- IPFW is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools
- Engineering, Technology, and Computer Science programs are accredited by ABET
- The Doermer School of Business has the highest accreditation—the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB International)
- Center for Academic Success and Achievement (CASA)—get the most out of your education by taking advantage of free services such as tutoring, one-on-one academic guidance, and supplemental instruction.
- Center for Student Success and Transitions (SST)—IPFW cares about your personal development as well as your academic achievement; through SST, you can explore and evaluate your goals.
- Career Services – get advice on your resume, attend on-campus job fairs, go on practice interviews, and receive expert career counseling.
The IPFW campus is small and close-knit, and the city of Fort Wayne enjoys a low cost of living. These factors keep the cost of tuition at IPFW low, and allow you to receive personalized attention and hands-on learning opportunities at IPFW while earning a respected degree from a big-name school.
TUITION AND FEE COMPARISONS
*Based on fall 2015 estimated tuition and fees for average full-time enrollment for two semesters. Some programs may have additional fees, and information is subject to change. Please refer to individual university websites for current program tuition and fees.
** Based on 2016 – 2017 tuition and fees for two semesters at 15 credits per semester.
Visit or contact the university’s Office of International Education, where professional and caring staff members can help you identify scholarships that might help offset the cost of your tuition.
IPFW Merit Scholarship
- For Undergraduates:
- Pays $7,500 of tuition costs per year up to four years.
- Requirements: 87 TOEFL or 7.0 IELTS and a minimum 3.0 high school GPA; transfer students need to have completed at least 30 semester credits with a 3.0 cumulative GPA and completion of college level math and English
- For Graduates:
- Pays the non-resident portion of tuition, approximately $7,682 per year.
- Requirements: 87 TOEFL or 7.0 IELTS; minimum 3.7 undergraduate GPA in the major and minimum 3.5 overall GPA
Gain valuable work experience and get started on an impressive résumé through IPFW’s cooperative education and internship programs. Apply the theory you are learning in the classroom to real-life work situations while completing your major’s degree requirements.
HOW WORK EXPERIENCE HELPS YOU
- Pay for college
- Develop self-confidence and professionalism
- Establish employment references
- Create realistic career expectations
WORK EXPERIENCE OPTIONS
- Alternating Co-op – alternate semesters of full-time study with full-time employment
- Parallel Co-op – work part-time while attending IPFW
- Internship – in select majors, participate in one-semester paid internships, usually full-time in the summer or part-time in the fall or spring